Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Audacity

We've recently submitted our audio podcast project that was made using the program Audacity. This project for me was a lot of fun. I was introduced to another program i wouldn't ordinarly use. It's pretty cool how you can manipulate sound and cut segments, paste others together, add fade, stingers, etc. The only daunting task, however, was looking for a track to add to the background that fit with my message along with stingers that would catch an audience's attention and make the podcast fun. I chose to do an advertisement of my Indesign page layout's sponsor, Zappos.com. I meant for my podcast to sound as if it were an ad on the radio, the kind that comes on right before a set of music is played ("This hour of music is brought to you by...").

My audacity skills could still use a little work, but since this program is free and not just a trial, i have plenty of time for practice. I'll post the podcast once i figure out how. =)

No comments: